Our Chew Valley site has just been shortlisted in the Fish & Chips Awards for, Fish & Chip Restaurant of the Year. TOP 20 in the UK!
These awards are the equivalent of the Oscars for us in the Fish & Chip world so we are so excited to have been nominated and are honoured to have been shortlisted amongst such amazing company, including our local friends at The Scallop Shell in Bath.
Here’s the full Top 20:
- Catch Fish and Chips, Giffnock, Glasgow
- Chesters. Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Fish City , Belfast
- Hanbury’s Famous Fish & Chips, Babbacombe, Devon
- Knights Fish Restaurant, Glastonbury, Devon
- Malt and Anchor, Cirencester, Gloucestershire
- Murgatroyds, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Quayside Restaurant and Fish Bar, Gourdon, Aberdeenshire
- Salt & Malt, Chew Valley, Bristol, Avon
- Seafresh Restaurant, Pimlico, London
- Something Else Fishy, Milborne Port, Somerset
- The Cods Scallops, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- The Crispy Cod, Gelli, Pentre, South Wales
- The Elite Fish & Chip Company, Sleaford, Lincolnshire
- The Fishermans Wife, Whitby, North Yorkshire
- The Harbour Seafood Restaurant, Plymouth, Devon
- The Scallop Shell, Bath, Avon
- Trenchers Restaurant, Whitby, North Yorkshire
- Welcome Stranger, Bodmin, Cornwall
- Whetherby Whaler, Guiseley, West Yorkshire
To reach this stage of the competition, each restaurant has been carefully assessed against a wide variety of judging criteria, including menu development and innovation, responsible sourcing policies, staff training and development and marketing and promotional activity.
Judges will now make visits to each of the restaurants for mystery dining assessments. This next stage of competition judging will whittle down the shortlist and establish the top five fish and chip restaurants who will the receive further in house judging which will decide the placing of the Top 5 and the overall national winner.
We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported us since we started cooking and frying fresh fish and please keep your fingers crossed for us as we enter this next stage of the competition!